The K1 visa, sometimes known as the “fiancé visa,” is an immigration visa that permits a U.S. citizen’s fiancé to visit the country to marry their fiancé and work toward permanent residence status. The U.S. citizen sponsor starts the process by filing an American citizenship application.
Often, applicants make mistakes when applying for a K-1 visa, and Gehi & Associates ensures that we can be there for you to avoid these mistakes so you can get your K-1 visa approval early on, thanks to our services. Note that K1 visa holders should marry within 90 days.
Then, they can apply for permanent residence after the wedding. The K1 visa’s main purpose is to confirm that the engagement is valid before the applicant is officially approved and admitted to the country. Below are major tips to consider while preparing for your Immigration Interview:
- Interview Preparation: Prepare yourself for the questions that will be asked during this process. Make sure that the information you share is accurate.
- Documents: Prepare the required documents in advance. Create one file and store all the documents you need to bring to the interview.
- Be Punctual: Always be on time for such an interview.
- Make sure to review the Form I-129F petition that your fiancé has filed.
Below are the most commonly asked questions about the K-1 Visa Applicant:
- What is your full name?
- What is your birthday?
- What is your birthplace?
- What is your age?
- What is your nationality?
- What language(s) do you speak?
- Do you have any children?
- If so, how many?
- Were you previously married? If so, when?
- Do you currently work?
- Do you have family living in the United States?
- Have you had a K-1 fiancé visa before? If so, when?
- Have you ever been denied a visa to any country? If so, why?
- Have you ever been arrested? If so, for what?
- When do you plan on entering the United States?
- Do you know what you need to do after being approved for a K-1 fiancé visa?
Through the K1 visa process, Gehi & Associates assists foreign nationals engaged to be married to U.S. citizens. Call Gehi & Associates today to schedule a consultation appointment with an immigration attorney, whether you are preparing for a K1 visa interview or are in the early stages of the K1 visa procedure. We always help you in your immigration and naturalization Process.