¿Habla español? | Our firm is fluent in English, Spanish, French, Bengali, Creole, Punjabi, Gujarat, and Afrikaans!

Studying in the U.S. : How to Get Your Visa?

Studying in the U.S. : How to Get Your Visa?

If you earn an academic credit or are on the verge of completing an academic program of study, a B-2 visa is not appropriate. The U.S. student visa is a type of non-immigrant visa that allows foreign nationals who wish to study at universities in the United States.

This visa gives them permission to enter the country temporarily and work while they are studying. In return, students agree to apply for jobs upon graduation from their studies. Attempting to obtain a visa by the willful misrepresentation of a material fact or fraud may result in the permanent refusal of a visa or denial of entry into the United States.

With the help of an Immigration lawyer Long island, getting a U.S. student visa can be much easier for you.

How to Get a U.S. Student Visa?

There are a few key factors to consider when applying:

  • Check with your university. Visit uscis.gov and follow the instructions in your student visa application. You can also look at www.usajc.org
  • Make sure you have a copy of your passport and other government documents.
  • Look for all the required documents (e.g., passport, medical, vehicle registration) on your application form.
  • When applying for a student card, you will be asked for your photo and fingerprints.
  • In addition to the above, your college or university may require you to submit a photo for the college. Once you are admitted, the school will need a photo of you and the student you’re applying to join.
  • The school may also require your fingerprint to be taken.
  • Finally, check out the local newspaper or website for an online application or other information. You may also contact a local Immigration lawyer Richmond Hill to find out proper information regarding the same.
  • Do not hesitate to apply for U.S. citizenship.
  • Get started now, and do not delay. Apply soon. To learn more about applying online and getting a visa, see the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services’ website.
  • Follow the steps on the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service’s “Get Started” page. If you do, U.S. citizenship will automatically become available to you.
  • A student should make his application at least two weeks before the expected graduation date.
  • Pay the non-refundable visa application fee if you are required to pay it before your interview. If your visa is approved, you may also pay a visa issuance fee, if applicable to your nationality.

As you begin to think about funding sources for your educational and living expenses in the United States, remember that you cannot count on working in the United States unless you have been granted a teaching or research assistantship and also have a valid visa.

Share it!

Table of Contents

Table of Contents


Free Consultation

Scroll to Top

Subscribe to our Newsletter!

Signup to our email newsletter for Legal Updates, Tips & Webinars!

Skip to content