BASIC OVERVIEW OF WHAT THE U.S. IMMIGRATION LAW DEALS WITH
Immigration Law in the United States is a wide arena to deal with as it encompasses various situations a person might have to encounter relating to traveling from a different country.
The most common scenarios and streams of Immigration Law are :
- Visiting the country: Visitors of the United States often come due to the purposes of tourism or meeting loved ones or with medical needs or for social meetings or events.
They go through a process of proving their eligibility for the required visas and go through the application process. For this category, the visitors require a B-2 visitor visa.
For Business purposes, the visitors are required to apply for a B-1 business visa.
- Employment in the U.S.: For obtaining access to employment in the United States, it is important for the employee to gain the status of a permanent resident to be able to cater to any job opportunity in any part of the country. But in cases of not qualifying for permanent resident status, they are to apply for a temporary work visa.
- Green Card Acquirement: The Permanent Resident Card i.e. the Green Card is given to immigrants or parolees but it has some of the most important criteria to abide by in order to obtain permanent citizenship through this card.
It is provided mainly to highly skilled employees and employers, immediate relatives of the citizens of the U.S.A., eligible refugees and seekers of asylum, long time residents. A limited number of Green Card visas are issued and as the process is a tedious and complex one thereby only selected immigrants are eligible for it.
- Naturalization: The process of Naturalization i.e. becoming a naturalized citizen is an extensive procedure with heaps of paperwork, background confirmation, interview, and testing, ending with the mandatory oath of allegiance. Naturalization comes with similar benefits as that of a natural-born citizen of the U.S. thereby this process is a popular one.
- Process of Border entry: The cross-border entry rules might be a cumbersome process but the correct consultancy and the right procedure make the experience painless. The process is incorporated with the subsection of ” Border Entry Rules ” which includes all the border crossing formalities with additional border entry information. The overview mainly is applicable on
- Lawful Permanent Citizens who are Green Card Holders.
- Citizens from foreign countries
- Citizens of Canada and Mexico
- Trust Traveler programs
Visit www.gehilaw.com for more details
For Free Consultation call (718) 263-5999