Tips to Get Your Family Sponsored in the U.S.
Tips to Get Your Family Sponsored in the U.S. | how an immigration attorney can help ?
The United States has long been a country of immigrants, and that is especially true today. If you have relatives who want to come to the U.S., you may be able to sponsor them through family immigration. This process can be complex, but with the help of an immigration attorney Hollis Wood, immigration attorney Mineola, and immigration attorney New Hyde Park, it can be much easier. Here are five tips to help you get your family sponsored in the U.S.: 1. Start the process early 2. Gather all required documents 3. Prove your financial stability 4. Show that your family members will not become a public charge 5. Have an experienced immigration attorney by your side
What is a family sponsorship?
Family sponsorship is when a family member sponsors another family member to come to the United States. The sponsoring family member must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and prove that they can support the sponsored family member financially. The sponsored family member must also have certain family ties to the sponsor, such as being their spouse, child, or parent.
If you’re looking to sponsor a family member to come to the United States, you should know a few things. First, you’ll need to gather documentation to prove your relationship to the sponsored family member and your financial ability to support them. You’ll also need to fill out some forms and submit them to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). An immigration attorney Hollis Wood, immigration attorney Mineola, and immigration attorney New Hyde Park, can help you with this process and ensure that everything is filed correctly.
Once you’ve submitted your sponsorship application, the USCIS will review it and decide whether or not to approve it. If your application is approved, the sponsored family member can come to the United States on a temporary visa. After arriving in the country, they can apply for a green card, allowing them to live and work in the United States permanently.
Sponsoring a family member to come to the United States can be a complex process. Still, it’s one that an experienced immigration attorney Hollis Wood, immigration attorney Mineola, and immigration attorney New Hyde Park can help you navigate. If you’re looking to sponsor a loved one, contact an attorney today for more information
Who is eligible for a family sponsorship?
If you have a family member who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, you may be eligible to sponsor them for a green card. There are a few other requirements that must be met for your family member to be eligible for sponsorship, including that the:
- Are not inadmissible to the United States based on criminal or immigration violations.
- Have not previously been denied entry into the United States.
- Are not currently living in the country illegally.
If your family member meets all the above requirements, you may begin the sponsorship process by filing an immigrant petition on their behalf. This petition must be filed with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and will require documentation proving your relationship to the sponsored individual. You can also let an immigration attorney Hollis Wood, immigration attorney Mineola, and immigration attorney New Hyde Park handle this process and make it easier for you. Once the petition is approved, your family member must undergo a medical examination and submit additional paperwork before their visa application can be processed.
How to sponsor your family in the U.S
When you sponsor your family in the U.S., you are essentially vouching for their character and promising to support them financially. The process can be complicated, but an experienced immigration attorney can help make it as smooth as possible. Here are some tips on how to sponsor your family in the U.S.:
- Determine if you are eligible to sponsor your family members. To sponsor your family, you must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, and you must have a steady income that meets certain poverty guidelines.
- Gather the required documentation. You will need to submit proof of your citizenship or residency and evidence of your income and assets. You will also need to fill out sponsorship forms from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Submit the sponsorship forms and documentation to USCIS. Once everything is in order, you must submit your sponsorship package to USCIS for review and approval.
- Pay the necessary fees. There are several fees associated with sponsoring a family member, including the application fee, biometrics fee, and affidavit of support fee (if applicable). These fees can add up quickly, so be sure to budget accordingly.
- Wait for USCIS to process your sponsorship application. The processing time for sponsorship applications can vary depending on the current workload of USCIS. However, most applications are processed within 6-12 months.
Once your sponsorship application is approved, you will be responsible for supporting your family members financially. This includes providing them with food, shelter, clothing, and other necessary expenses. It is important to remember that you are legally responsible for your family members until they become U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents themselves.
The benefits of hiring an immigration attorney
The process can be long and confusing when you’re trying to get your family sponsored in the United States. There are a lot of forms to fill out and deadlines to meet. It can be helpful to hire an immigration attorney to help you with the process.
An Immigration attorney Hollis Wood, immigration attorney Mineola, and immigration attorney New Hyde Park can help you figure out which forms you need to fill out and when they are due. They can also help you with the paperwork if you need to appeal a decision or request a waiver. If you have any questions about the process, an immigration attorney can answer them.
Hiring an immigration attorney can make the process a lot easier for you. If you decide to hire an attorney, choose one who is experienced and reputable.
What is the process for hiring an immigration attorney?
- There are a few different ways to find an immigration attorney. You can ask family and friends for recommendations or search online.
- When you’re looking for an immigration attorney Hollis Wood, immigration attorney Mineola, and an immigration attorney in New Hyde Park, make sure that you find one who is experienced in handling family-based sponsorship cases. You should also ensure they are licensed to practice law in your state.
- Once you have found a few attorneys that you’re interested in, give them a call and set up consultations. You can ask them about their experience and fees during the consultation.
- After you have met with a few attorneys, choose the one you feel the most comfortable with and hire them to help you with your case.
If you’re interested in sponsoring your family to come to the United States, you can do a few things to increase your chances of success. First, ensure you have all the required documents and forms in order. Second, be prepared to provide evidence of your financial stability and ability to support your family members. Third, consult with an immigration attorney Hollis Wood, immigration attorney Mineola, and immigration attorney New Hyde Park who can help you navigate the process and ensure everything is done correctly. By following these tips, you’ll be on your way to bringing your loved ones over to the United States.
At the law offices of Gehi and Associates, our immigration attorneys are equipped to deal with legal issues with substantial experience. Thereby it has the ability to provide one with high quality legal services as per the admission requisites.
For more information, you can directly call our law office or send an email to the addresses.