Did you know that recently, Texas, often regarded as the ‘lone star,’ has witnessed an astounding surge in individuals seeking asylum and refugee status? The numbers might shock you. Study reveals that thousands arrive at the state’s borders yearly, desperately seeking protection and refuge.
Individuals in this category flee their home countries due to high rates of insecurity, violence, and, often, a blatant disregard for their civil rights and liberty. Graciously, Texas is one of those states that offers protection and grants fundamental rights and freedom to asylum seekers.
However, traversing the complicated nature of the immigration system in this region can be somewhat challenging.
The United States Customs and Border Protection Agency (USCBP) records that Texas witnessed the second highest immigration cases, with 171,579 pending immigration cases in 2021, resulting in the detention of asylum seekers in the U.S. Border Patrol Processing Facilities.
Therefore, this blog post aims to highlight the crucial role an Immigration Attorney in Texas plays in obtaining asylum or refugee status in Texas.
Seeking Asylum in Texas?
Undoubtedly, Asylum seekers often experience enormous challenges associated with migrating from their home countries. When individuals in this category arrive in Texas, they seek legal protection against violence, insecurity, terrorism, persecution, etc., from their home countries.
One thing that is worthy of note is that these individuals are entitled to legal protection as guaranteed by the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. However, despite this provision, immigrants experience unexplained challenges such as unfamiliarity with the state’s laws where they seek asylum and language barriers that make communication challenging. This is where an Immigration Attorney in Texas becomes useful.
Seeking Refugee Status in Texas?
It is crucial to note that, unlike asylum seekers, Refugees apply for legal protection outside the United States. They approach Texas in search of a fresh start. However, the Journey continues beyond the border instead of the beginning. Again, an Immigration Attorney in Texas can play an essential role in helping refugees resettle in the state while ensuring they have the proper legal documents and access to vital resources.
Top Reasons You Need an Immigration Attorney in Texas:
- They provide genius guidance: Navigating the complexities of the U.S. Immigration system is not a journey you want to embark on alone. It’s like trying to find your way around a frustrating loop. What should you do?
- Seek help: An immigration Attorney in Texas can be your lifeline, helping you every step of the way till you obtain the freedom you seek. An immigration attorney can be your guide, informing you of the rules and requirements necessary to obtain this status. They provide the essential documentation, educate you on laws and regulations, and even comfort you.
- They prepare and care for your immigration case: Whether you like it or not, you need an immigration attorney. They will guide you and help design a robust, irresistible, persuasive asylum or refugee application. They will ensure all the necessary documentation and evidence are in place to make the case seamless and organized.
- They prepare you for your immigration interview: Individuals who undergo preparation for interviews by an immigration attorney are more likely to have better chances of success than those who don’t. Having to face immigration officers can sometimes be traumatic. However, with the help of your immigration attorney, you’re fully equipped for the interview as you present your case before them more confidently.
- They offer legal representation in appeal cases: In cases where your application is denied, your immigration attorney steps in for you, fighting your cause until you eventually win.
- Immigration attorneys in Texas are always informed and updated: As Texas continues to be nearly every refugee and asylum seeker’s desire, an immigration attorney in Texas cannot afford to stay out of touch. Also, as laws and policies keep changing and new ones are created, these attorneys must stay informed and deliver the most accurate and up-to-date counsel.
Begin your Journey to protection and freedom with us.
While Texas may seem like the only hope for many asylum seekers and Refugees, it is essential to note that several complexities characterize the Journey. That is where we come at Gehi Law and Associates. You can relax while we sort out your immigration application. We’ve got you!
Reach out to us today for a free, confidential consultation. Our Immigration Attorneys are ready to listen and provide the help you need. Take the first step towards safety, freedom, and a happier life in Texas!